Senior Internal Auditor
Conducts audits at domestic and international Graco locations to evaluate processes and controls with the objective of improving operational effectiveness, assessing compliance with financial accounting and reporting standards and reviewing compliance with corporate governance and regulatory requirements. Collaborates with the manager and director to drive process and quality improvements within the department.
Graco is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-engineered systems for numerous industrial and commercial applications. We have excellent corporate opportunities including positions in accounting, finance, information technology, purchasing, marketing, communications and human resources. Graco was proud to be named a Best Place to Work in Manufacturing and Production by Fortune Magazine in 2016.
- Perform research, planning, formulation of audit programs and assessment of risk.
- Conduct audit fieldwork with independence, objectivity and a high degree of professionalism; including conducting interviews, reviewing process and transaction flows, detailed testing of transactions and processes, making corroborative inquiries and observations, using databases to analyze trends and results.
- Review staff workpapers, prepare review comments and monitor resolution.
- Develop and maintain clear and orderly workpapers that provide substantive evidence to support audit findings and recommendations.
- Summarize results of the audit, draft reports and recommendations and assist in obtaining management responses to reports and recommendations.
- Submit workpapers, summary memoranda and draft reports for review and clear review notes on a timely basis.
- Maintain workpaper files and indexing systems for the department.
- Extract data from corporate databases and assisting in making reports and analysis.
- Identify and lead the implementation of process improvements within the department.
- Lead live fraud, cyber security and code of conduct training sessions.
- Assist the director in preparing fraud, anti-corruption, and ERM assessments
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or equivalent.
- 3+ years relevant auditing and accounting experience, including a minimum of 3 years of public accounting with publicly traded company experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in auditing principles, practices, and procedures to complete complex assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Foreign language skills a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including financial systems and databases; audit software (IDEA) experience a plus.
- Ability to deal effectively with all organizational levels.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international locations, up to 30%.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Professional certification (CPA, CIA, CFE) or working towards certification desired.
- Prior experience with consulting or project management a plus.
Proven Quality. Leading Technology. Launch your career with Graco!
Graco offers attractive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for both professional development and career progression. Graco’s comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, stock purchase plan, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Our expectations are high. That's why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best!