Plumbing Commercial Journeyman
B&D Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning is looking for an experienced Plumbing Commercial Journeyman to join our growing team of dedicated employees!
Voted the “Best Plumbing & Heating/Air Company” Award in the area the last 4 years, we’re proud of our long history of providing quality plumbing, heating and cooling services to the residents of St. Michael, MN and surrounding areas. B & D has been a family-owned business since 1982 that cares for our hard working & loyal employees and customers. We have pride in our team and the skilled work we do.
If you are looking for an exciting, fun and challenging work environment, look no further!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Training and Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Company Cell Phone & Vehicle (Depending on Position)
- Install a quality plumbing system for our customers.
- Install piping by measuring, cutting, bending, shaping, fabricating, threading, soldering and gluing, while using hand tools, power tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Maintain, enhance and build our reputation of being second to none in this community.
- Accurately follow building plans and/or blueprints.
- Inventory of all parts and equipment. (The proper processing and accounting for items sold to our customers.)
- Properly conduct operating tests on systems, along with identifying and repairing any problems.
- Review job work order and complete all work requested in a cost effective and timely matter.
- Directs and oversees Apprentice Plumbing installer's work. Ensure that helper's work is completed correctly in a timely and efficient manner.
- Represent B&D's best interests in a professional manner at all times.
- Be respectful and cooperative towards fellow employees and others. Keep a high level of morale.
- Maintain current job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical professional publications, and etc.
- Keep company vehicle stocked and clean.
- Make sure vehicle maintenance is kept current.
- Perform any other duties or tanks as assigned by your Manager or Company Owner.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2+ Years of Experience for Journeyman Plumbing Installer.
- Must have a Journeyman or Master Card.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical knowledge required to perform Commercial Plumbing.
- Knowledge to conduct Service/Installations according to the MN Plumbing Code.
- Proficiency computing general business math.
- Work “On-call” Plumbing rotation.
- Must possess a valid unrestricted Minnesota driver’s license.
- Supervisory skills and ability to follow building plans or blueprints.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs on occasion.