Exhibit Designer (49478)
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Twin Cities
Shift/Hours: 1st Shift 8:00am – 5:00pm
Career Level: 2+ years
Education: BS Degree in design related field
Salary: $45 – 90k DOQ
Creative Design Company working with different public venues is seeking a designer to help take their company to the next level. They offer a benefits package and creative atmosphere.
Work closely with the developer, graphic designer, and client to create a seamless visitor experience that meets the client’s goals and objectives. Produce drawings that communicate design intent and describe how the exhibition is organized in a space, its shape, dimensions, materials, and general construction.
1. Brainstorm creative ideas and approaches for major proposals, as needed
2. Participate in phone and in-person interviews with prospective clients, as needed
3. With the developer, conduct a start-up meeting with the client and stakeholders to determine storylines, themes, and goals of the exhibition
4. Create bubble plan that places major exhibit areas on floor plan, based on exhibit priorities and hierarchy
5. With the developer, brainstorm ideas, interactives, and best media to express exhibit topics and content, being cognizant of audience, goals, client, our build needs, and budget
6. Create concept sketches or renderings of major exhibit areas or ideas, coded to the development documents
7. Create a floor plan with an accurate footprint of exhibit areas, coded to the development documents
8. Work with the graphic designer and developer to develop a graphic approach to the exhibition
9. Prototypes interactives and participate in evaluation process, as needed (for major projects)
10. Start to develop a “look book” that expresses the visual approach to the exhibition (styles of illustration, murals, etc). This may be an internal document and will develop into the design development reference package
11. Ensure good customer service: that the client is being heard and responded to regarding the design
The exhibit designer travels to site to present to the client throughout the design process. They may also be required to travel during installation.
The exhibit designer must be comfortable facilitating and leading meetings with a variety of stakeholders. Designers are also often required to present at sales interviews or for prospective clients.
1. Candidates will be sitting most of the day but will have to get up and visit other departments as well.
2. Must be able to lift 20-30 pounds occasionally
3. Must be able to operate a mouse and computer system daily
How To Apply:
Apply Online, Fax your resume to 1-866-903-8929, Email your resume to jobs@MyVisionCo.com, or refer a Friend for the position.
Please note the JOB TITLE that you are applying for in the fax, email, application or referral.