Application Development Specialist - WI
Application Development Specialist
WI - La Crosse
The ideal Application Development Specialist will have an understanding of web application development in VB.Net or C# and experience writing queries in a relational database. The primary role of this position is to assist a small team of developers in coding and modifying custom business applications and reports.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Help design, develop and implement business applications using current technologies
• Develop design documents such as technical specifications, functional requirements, object modules, system test plans, technical and user documentation
• Help to ensure successful completion of projects that meet requirements
• Must be self-motivated, with the ability to set and meet deadlines on projects
• Provide support to maintain existing Intranet, Extranet and Internet sites and applications
• Document process flows
• Participate in Team Code Reviews
• Develop small to medium scale applications with low complexity
• Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Information Systems, Management Information System, Computer Science or related field – with focus on software development
• Exposure to development language such as .NET or Java
• Exposure to database design
• Exposure to multi-tier development, process flows, use cases, UML
• Strong debugging skills • Strong understanding of Object Orientated Principles
• Exposure to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) principles
• Excellent follow up skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and presentation skills
• Strong desire to pursue career in Application Development
• Ability to self-teach new IT technologies
• Ability to communicate with non-technical people
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service; overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resource department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.