Are you looking for a job that is high energy, involves serving others, and keeps you on your toes? Then you are in luck because…The Award Winning Crown Room Banquet Center is HIRING and we are looking to add some outstanding people to our already renowned staff. All positions are considered casual and on-call based on the number of Crown Room events.
Location information: The Crown Room Banquet Center located in the heart of Rogers, MN! The Crown Room is a full service banquet center that can accommodate an event up to 350 people. Once you’ve entered the Crown Room you will be stunned by the vaulted beam ceilings, a stone fireplace, and much more! The Crown Room can be set to accommodate any occasion.
Job Summary: To provide guests with efficient and attentive service which will present a positive image of the Crown Room Banquet Center while exceeding the guest’s expectations. Assists in coordinating, overseeing, and running of banquets and other events along with assistance with Crown Room tours, event planning, clerical office assistance, staff scheduling, and management of staff. Supervises banquets in the Crown Room, Whiskey Lounge, and the Game Room.
Assist in coordinating events
Assist with facility tours
Assist with positing on social media
Supervision of events
Division of opening duties, on-going duties and closing duties
Maintain a line of communication with kitchen staff
Ability to act swiftly and accordingly to an emergency situations
Ensure the flow of events are running smoothly for all involved
Perform side work
Open bottles of wine and champagne
Clear and set tables
Seat guests and assist with any walk-in tours/appointments
Supervise all Crown Room Staff to include: servers, server assistants, coat check, set-up and bartenders
Language Skills: Must be able to express self adequately in English in written and oral communication and to communicate effectively with guests/clients, residents, families, staff members, and visitors
Communication Skills: Demonstrates active listening techniques, seeks feedback, creates and maintains reporting mechanisms, gains support through effective relationships, and treats others with dignity and respect. Integrates new information, communicates and models organization values and fosters high performance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to solve relatively simple problems related to timing of activities and decisions on what is urgent and what is not.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates active listening techniques, gains support through effective relationships, treats others with dignity and respect and seeks feedback
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• While performing the duties of this job, Banquet Event Supervisor will need to handle kitchen and service utensils, such as knives, glasses, etc. Floors may be slippery. Will carry large, heavy items such as tubs or trays, which need to be cautiously positioned and transported. Employee will have a 90-day period of time to be able to carry a large oval tray with 12 plated entrees on it. Broken glasses or plates or hot liquids are also present and must be carefully handled.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or telephone. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and taste or smell.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 15-pounds, stand for extended periods of time, carry, reach, bend, finger, grasp and feel. Required to hear and/or write and may be required to move furniture
• Worker is subject to inside environmental conditions and exposure to cleaning chemicals